Saturday, April 28, 2012

3 days post surgery

Good evening its 9pm. Just wanted to put a quick note up that I am doing good. The stim unit is working very well and I have been headache free since Thursday AM. The stimulation has helped a lot and does not hurt. It feels like a tingling sensation through out the right side of my head. I have been very tired from the surgery and all the antibiotics/meds. As most know I have three different surgical sites. The first one is on the back of my head near my right ear (where the stim electrodes are). The second one is the upper back area in between the right shoulder blade and spine (where the extension wires are connected from the electrodes to the battery). The third site is to the right lower back/belt line area (Where the battery is located) Each of these areas are very painful but have been getting better each day. The first two pics that are listed below are from Thursday when I got home from the hospital. It was also the first time that I actually saw the surgical sites. the third pic we took this am when the bandage came off  I plan to keep the pics updated so people that want to see the progress can.  a few people have asked what spot hurts the most and I would have to say the back of my head and the area where the battery is. So not to much else to say except all my headache issues have been resolved (no pain/nausea/vomiting/visions problems/dizziness/pressure behind my head) I will do my best to cont to keep every one updated. Also a big thanks to my wife, family and friends for everything. To end this I have to send a huge thanks to Kaiser North Neurosurgery team/DR Pappas and the Medtronic team for all there help!!




No comments:

Post a Comment