Thursday, April 26, 2012

Finally at home

Good evening- 6:50pm. I am finally home :) Things went very well!! Surgery got pushed back and did not start till around 3pm.  Surgery went very well and was about  2 1/2 hrs. They used a non rechargeable battery. The dr and medtronic rep said this would be easier so i would not have to worry about the re-charging issues. i ended up with 3 incisions. on in the center of the neck 1 between the spine and right shoulder blade. and one right lower bottom area. The lead wires were placed in the neck, the anchor and wires were tunneled down near the spine/shoulder area and connected into the batter which was placed in the right lower back/bottom area.  Was in recovery for a long time due to no rooms available. I finally got moved to a room around 11:15 pm. I want to thank the recovery staff for being so kind! they did have a complication with my heart rate going into the 160-170 range (which they thought was from the drugs used in the surgery) We all know that I have to be a pain in the ass for everything!! :)  Was in a lot of pain at the surgery sites and headache last night. Didn't get much sleep last night and had a issue with my med dosages being low but it was straightened out. This am around 955 i turned the stimulator on for the very first time. I was truly amazed by the results. Nicole was by my side for it and she also saw first and how the headache pain disappeared!! I truly feel blessed that I have been able to get such device. Throughout today I have have been making slight adjustments to the levels of stimulation. Pain has been 0/10 as far as headache and 3-4 in the incisions. I would like to thank everyone that was involved in this process and Dr Pappas. The medtronic reps have also been VERY helpful! My next apt is May 10 to meet with the surgeon and Jacob the medtronic rep. Jacob just called me and said it sounds like every thing is working very well. He will then expand the settings I am able to use at home when I go for the apt (my stimulator has over 1,000 settings)   I also want to thank all my family, friends and everyone that has sent me text messages, facebook messages and phone calls. Since I am very tired at this point I am going to close this blog and type more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment