Wednesday, May 2, 2012

One week after surgery

Good afternoon :) today is one week after my surgery. I am doing very well and the pain is very minimal. The headaches have been gone since last week and it has been amazing to be living with out the headaches, dizziness. nausea, motion sickness and pressure behind my right eye. I will say that this surgery hurt ALOT and it was not very fun to go through. My incisions are healing good and we got to take the bandages off that were placed in the operating room. I have some updated pictures, but some many say they are graphic so if you want to see them please click on the link at the bottom of this entry. Each day I am getting more motion in my neck and today I can describe the pain like a pulled muscle (mostly in the back area) I have been taking very little pain medications which is a good thing. I took vicodin before bed last night (11:00) and then around 1pm this afternoon. In the next few days I am going to try motrin and see how that works. I have found a really good setting for the stimulator and have not had to change it very much. My next dr's apt is May 10th. They hope to pull out the stitches and plan on adjusting the programing and adding more features that I can use. The rep (Jacob) from medtronic has been VERY helpful and has been checking on me alot. Its glad to know that the people that make this stimulator actually care how the patients are doing afterwords. Today is also a special day for another reason. It is my 3rd wedding anniversary (I love you alot Nicole and thank you for being by my side for all of this!! You are truly an amazing wife) So I am hoping to be able to go back to work soon and have been very board around the house. I also want to thank all my family and friends for the support they have given me over the last few months. Not much else to say, but I am so glad I am feeling better and things are getting back to "normal" for me (some will know what " normal "means ;) )  I hope everyone has been doing well and keep in touch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment