Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The countdown is on :)

Good afternoon!! Just wanted to make a quick note of whats going on and how I am feeling. So I got a phone call this morning saying that my arrival time for tomorrow is 10AM. My surgery is scheduled for 12:30 tomorrow afternoon. Many things are going through my mind right now, but that's to be expected. Emotionally I am ready for the surgery and I know I will do fine. Again I want to thank every one for the messages, texts and phone calls as it really means alot! I also want to thank my very supportive wife  for helping me stay positive. The main things that come to mind right now is how I will feel after surgery and how this stimulator will help my life and hopefully keep the pain to a very minimal level. Right now the pain is very minimal, but I am very medicated. a while ago i got a text message from a friend that was pretty funny. It said " Thinking of you" and attached was a you tube video. I thought of sharing it with every one as it did make me laugh!


Video that was sent to me :)

Also another funny thing I was asked is " Will they give you a car charger so you can charge your battery in between calls at work?" :)) the answer to that question is NO....  I will go out of service and some one else can take the call  ;) (M-72B)
  So that you guys know I will be staying overnight at the hospital. I will also do my best to give a update on how everything went when I can :) Well not to much more to say for now so I will close this entry. On a side note good luck to one of my good friends Patty as she takes her National Registry Paramedic Test ;)
I also hope everyone is well and to my EMS brothers and sisters " please stay safe!" 
JR

No comments:

Post a Comment