Thursday, April 19, 2012

Update

Good morning- 11:43 on Thursday-  As most of you know Tuesday afternoon was one of the worst days in my life so far. Nicole took me to the emergency room and we got there about 430pm. they took me right in as they always do and I got very good care. I am going to make this short cuz i really dont feel well. So I finally went out on medical leave. They have told me surgery will be next tues or wed. during the time at the er i was given 16mg of diluadid, 30mg toradol, 10mg of decadron, 12 of phenergan, and 10mg of valium. They kept me over night and finally got the extreme pain to break. I was sent home with diluadid to take every 4 hrs (or as needed). I am taking 1mg doses which I was told is equal to 8mg of morphine. Some people may ask how is the pain now. To be honest I really don't feel much of any thing. The plan is to cont this treatment until I have surgery. It has really got to me that things have had to come to this and I am really trying to be strong. I want to thank my fantastic wife/best friend for standing by me and encouraging me to be strong. I also want to say the same thanks to my family and all of my  friends.  My parents and grandma came down last night which meant the world to me. I was glad that they came and were just there to support me. I also want to thank every one that has sent me text and other messages to see how I am doing. Im sorry if I have not responded back to you, but I have read each one and thank you very much!! With this said im not to sure what else to say. I am really hoping that the surgery will be this coming week.  It is expected that I will be out 3-4 weeks after I have surgery. I will do my best to keep you all updated. And to all my EMS brothers and sisters please keep it safe and I will be missing all of you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment