Saturday, May 12, 2012

17 days post surgery

Good evening its 11:00 pm on sat night- First off most of you will be reading this on Sunday so happy Mothers Day. The last 17 days have been amazing for me. I am still sore from the surgery but that is getting better each day. The surgery sites are healing very well and the incision on the back of my head is hard to notice. The stimulator is working very well. I had my 2 week apt with the surgeon on the 9th. The apt went very well. Jacob the medtronic reb was also there. All the functions of my stim were checked and it was said every thing is working as it should. The dr also took out the stitches that were on the back of my head/neck area. (that was painful because the area was starting to scab and they had to pull it off to get to the stitches ) The other two wounds were stitched from the inside and then steri strips placed over.  Jacob also added more programing to my stim remote. I  now have a few different settings to use. He added 1 that gives a wider coverage area and feels different. I can also change the impulses per second. That range can go from 10-100. Right now I have it at 45, so basically it taps 45 times a second. I don't have much feeling to the full right side of my head (it will stay that way). I can feel pressure but not pain or heat/cold. I am getting used to the feeling of the stim and it actually feels good and the stim  has been running 24/7. To clear up some questions the stim will stay permanently and will prob run 24/7 for at least a few years. Also to answer another question I will be returning to work soon ;) My return date will be in between the 23rd of this month  and 6th of June. When I talked with the doctor he said it was really up to me and how I am feeling. I have been very board at home and anxious to do things but I know I still have some healing to do. My next re-check apt for the stim will be in about 3-4 weeks and then it will be about every 6 months. Another common ? I have been getting is if I am glad I had the surgery. The answer to that would be YES! I am very glad that I had it done as I have felt AMAZING and the headaches are GONE! Jacob told me I will still have my good and bad days but the pain will never be a severe as it was before. With the stim I can also control and " block" the pain. what I love about the program is I can turn it up or down or even off if I want to.  Not to much more to say but that I am doing really well. I also want to take the time to thank my wonderful wife and my few special friends that have really helped me through this past month. Also a big thanks to all my family and friends for all the texts and messages :) Good night and I hope everyone has a great weekend!  * to my EMS/FD/PD please stay safe and I will see you soon ;) * If you would like to see updated pics please click here as the last 3 in the album are updated from the last 2 days

No comments:

Post a Comment