Friday, May 25, 2012

30 days post surgery

Good evening it is 10:15 pm. Today makes 30 days post surgery. I have been wanting to write a update but I have been busy. I have been feeling really good and the stimulator is working very well. My daily pain has been 0 to maybe 1/2 out of 10, but all related from the surgery.The nasty headaches have been gone!  My back is still a little sore but improving every day. I am returning to work on May 30th!! YAY. I will be glad to be back at what I love. This morning was also emotional due to the fact I attended a fallen fire-fighters funeral. * My thoughts and prayers go out to the Porter family and the Sacramento City Fire Department* Since the surgery I have had alot more energy and have been sleeping alot better. I have got the stimulation settings in a decent range and have not had to change them much. Once in a while I also seem to forget that it is there. It has truly been amazing to be able to feel this way. All of the incisions are healing very well.  I am really surprised on how fast thing have healed up. To answer some questions the stimulator is still on 24/7 and  I would recommend this surgery to any one that is considering it. Both Dr. Pappas and the Medtronic staff have been amazing! To end this I want to reflect back on a quote from the service this am "Hold your head high, chest out and shoulders square!" This quote ment alot to me and I thought back on how much has changed in my life over the last month. I also started to think about all the positive things, how lucky I am to have such a caring family and how each day is so special. With that being said I want to take the time to thank Nicole, my family and all my friends for the support and encouragement I have got over the last few month, most of you don't know how much it has helped THANK YOU and good night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment