Monday, March 19, 2012

How I feel every day

Monday, March 19, 2012- 12:00
            Hello again  It came to mind that some people would like to know what I go through every day. Well to answer that question every day for me is different. If you ask any one that knows me really well my moods change all the time. I can have really good days or really bad days. Most days are in between. Another thing is that my day can change directions really fast. As most of you know I am currently working as a full time paramedic in a very busy system. Working lately has somewhat been a battle. I want to thank my extend work family for always being there for me!!
            So to start with the pain is all right sided. It starts at the back of my neck and goes upward to the front of my head. The pain can also be behind my right eye. As I said earlier the pain feels like sharp electricity shooting from the front to the back. Another good description would be a hammer hitting you in the back of the head.  It can last from seconds to days and it comes and goes in waves. I experience some type of headache about 25/30 days a month. I also have motion sickness and nausea constantly with occasional waves of dizziness.  Along with this I can get sudden temperature changes from being hot to cold. I can also at times have problems bright lights (so if you see me wearing my sunglasses when it’s cloudy out that’s why) let me tell you this condition sucks big time and I don’t wish it on anyone. Sleeping is a battle because I sleep 8-9 hrs maybe more each day, but I don’t feel rested. I also have a special pillow for my neck which is gold right now. Waiting up can also be hard sometimes because I will sit up out of bed and be hit with a “jolt of electricity” and have to lie back down for a while. Some will ask what helps. Well….. Not too much right now… I love heat  because it relaxes the never. Some people may ask doesn’t ice work better, but I have tried it and it makes the back of my head feel like it’s being hit with a ice pick. Right now I am just doing my best to stay positive. Again I would like to thank my Fantastic wife and my family for their support! – If you have any questions or would like to learn more PELASE feel free to ask me--

No comments:

Post a Comment