Wednesday, January 9, 2013

January 9 2013

Good morning :) This is the first post of the new year. I would like to start off by saying I hope every one had a great Christmas and New Years. For some that were aware I had a headache during that time  for 17 days. After speaking to my medtronic rep I was able to get an apt last week on the 3rd. Lets say that I was at the apt for a LONG time. It started with my rep running behind (but at least he told me) Once he got to the clinic we started talking about what had happened and where my pain was at. For those people that did not know I had a headache the pain was pretty much the whole right side of my head. I was also getting pain in a  area that was not covered by the stimulation. Jacob spent a great amount of time working with the stim settings. The good news is that there is not damage to the system and every thing is working as it should. They were also worried about problems with the wires, but that also checked out ok. After a while of playing with settings Jacob was able to change the frequencies and expand the coverage area. Now I feel stimulation through out the full area of the back of my head. It also raps around the sides to the area near my ears. Jacob was very pleased with the effects and the changes. Like before after the new settings the pain was gone immediately.  Its been almost a week and I am still doing very well and it  took me a bit to get used to the new settings. Not much more to tell about but I do want to take the time to thank my fantastic wife for putting up with my moods over those few weeks I <3 you alot! Also want to thank all my family, friends and extended ems/fire family for the support encouragement  and concern. You guys are truly amazing! I hope everyone has a great week and please be safe! :)

JR

No comments:

Post a Comment